Two options are available:
- Prefabricated hand rail panels custom made according to either the customer's drawings or our own site measurements. Complete manufacturing drawings are available on request.
- A standard system consisting or predrilled stanchions with lenghts of railing and fittings for the customer to assemble as required.
- A square stanchion is used with round tubing as railing.
- The railing is puched through the predrilled stanchions.
- All tubing ends in a stanchion therefore no closures or any other fittings are required.
- The custom made panels are prefabricated with square hollow sections for both the stanchions and railing.
- The stanchions are pushed through the railing.
- The panels are ended off using GRP closures protruding beyond the end stanchions.
- Bends and slopes are created using GRP inserts.
For both systems the stanchions can be installed in various ways including:
- Side mounted by bolting it onto main structure.
- Top mounted using a GRP or Stainless steel foot piece.
- Cast into concrete using a pocket mechanism.
- The handrails is designed to meet the requirements of the U.S. Department of Labour.
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) Section 1910.23.
- Normal height of the top rail is 1100mm on a horizontal level.
- Nomal height of the top rail is 900mm above pitch line on staircases.
- A detailed Fibretek Specification for GRP han rail is available on request.